Section 1 - Eligibility
- Active Membership - Individuals eligible for active membership in the KSHPMM shall be affiliated with a health care organization within Kentucky and have responsibilities in the field of health care purchasing and/or materials management for not less than six (6) months. Membership is contingent upon receipt of a completed application and approval by the Membership Committee. Acceptance of membership will confer upon the new member voting privileges for their type of membership.
- Transfer of Membership - Membership to the KSHPMM is granted to an individual, not an institution or organization. As such, membership is not transferable to another individual. A member who changes institutional affiliation may retain membership for the full term for which dues have been paid so long as all other membership requirements have been maintained.
Section 2 -Discontinuance of Eligibility
- Resignation - Any member may resign in writing to the current president at any time, but such resignation shall not become effective until it is accepted by the Executive Board of the KSHPMM. Resignation shall not relieve the member from obligation to pay dues for the current year.
- Suspension and Expulsion- Any member's conduct that is determined by the Executive Board of the KSHPMM to be in willful violation of its bylaws, rules and regulations may subject themselves to revocation of membership. Such suspension of membership shall not be levied without affording the member being charged an opportunity for a hearing before the Executive Board.
- Termination - An individual's membership shall be subject to termination for failure to pay dues. Termination shall be reviewed by the Executive Board before taking place.
Section 3 - Types of Membership
- Member - A member may be anyone as described in Article III, Section 1. A.
- Affiliate member - Many hospitals and healthcare institutions restrict reimbursement for the dues of professional organizations to department managers or higher. The Affiliate member is any person as described in Article III, Section 1. A. that supports the department management, but may not be eligible for reimbursement for professional organization dues. The Affiliate member has the same rights as that of a Member. The Affiliate member may serve as a member of a committee where membership is not specifically identified elsewhere in these Bylaws, or as a Coordinator. An Affiliate member may also be appointed by the Board to serve as a District Director.
- Vendor member - Individuals from the manufacturer and vendor community may desire to join the KSHPMM for educational and professional affiliations. The Vendor member is any person as described in Article III, Section 1. A. that provides products or services to a healthcare provider organization. The Vendor member has the same rights as that of a Member or Affiliate Member. The Vendor member may serve as a member of a committee where membership is not specifically identified elsewhere in these Bylaws, or as a Coordinator. A Vendor member may not vote on any action of the Kentucky Society for Healthcare Purchasing and Materials Management (KSHPMM).